Lean On Me Challenge
By Amanda | 12-10-2017
Well done Redsmail!
The Lean On Me Challenge was arranged for Lloyds Banking Group by Redwood Events in Wakefield. Arrow Self Drive have been steady supporters of the Redwood pair, Mike and Woody, for the past two years, providing them with minibuses for their charity events.
This year’s event was a multiple area challenge with the aim of raising £100,000 for Mental Health UK.
In all a total of 928 people and 10 dogs took part in 9 events across the country including in Leeds, Pudsey, London, Bristol, Manchester, Cardiff, Chester, Edinburgh and Halifax.
All of the events were 20+ mile fundraising walks where walkers completed thefull distance in teams with their friends and colleagues provide support along the way.
Mike Wilson commented, “ The Arrow Self Drive Minibus was our support vehicle and was crucial to each of the events. By the end of the challenge the minibus had completed 1710 miles. We are lucky to have such great support from Arrow and their team.”
The funds raised by the walkers are still continuing to pour in, at this point they have raised £109,698.74 and hope to reach £140,000 by the end. Congratulations to Mike and Woody and everyone from Lloyds TSB who took part in the Lean on Me Challenge or supported it in any way. What amazing result.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Spot the Forget me Not Vans
- National Three Peaks Challenge 10 – 12 June 2017 Danny Jones Defib Fund
- Colour Run 2017
- Tea Party Adds Up
- Martin Dixon Charity Bike Ride
- Colour Run Family Fun!
- Walking with Holly gains momentum
- Vehicle Support given to a local family charity walk
- Thanks from Bradford Bike Charity
- Support Vehicle to Back Charity Bike Ride for Nat West
- Supporting Local Cyclists on their London Challenge
- Horti Cap at Blenheim Palace
- Bike Amnesty at Bradford Depot
- Wakefield Customers Coast to Coast
- Tea Party Raises £692.56
- Yorkshire Tea Party Friday 15th August
- Knaresborough Bed Race Raises £2,000
- Forget Me Not Collection Van
- Huddersfield Tea Party Exceeds Expectations
- Lean On Me Challenge
- Best Ever Tea Parties
- Vehicle support for Barnsley Hospice
- Redwood Events: Fund-Raisers Extraordinaire