A Paperless Future
By Amanda | 12-03-2018
Introducing our newly developed paperless workshop system,
We are delighted to share the news that we have recently made the move to become a paperless business to reduce our environmental footprint and improve efficiency.
Early this year we launched a bespoke digital workshop system at our Wakefield and Huddersfield sites and we have plans to roll the system out in our Hull and Sheffield workshops, the latter is currently under construction on a new site which will open next year.
The new system was designed and developed specifically for us by Midlands IT Company, The ICT Practice over a period of three years and has been designed to improve the work flow in Arrow Self Drive’s workshops as well as significantly reducing the businesses environmental footprint by eliminating the need for paper records and forms.
The new Vehicle Business System (VBS) for the vehicle servicing side of the business was created for workshop managers who previously would print out a job sheet for services and checks. Once this was completed, forms were signed-off and required to be filed away in storage for reference.
With the new VBS system, jobs are sent to technicians via a hand-held tablet with specific check lists attached to each job, taking away the need for paper forms and resulting in a smoother, more improved service. Arrow Self Drive’s mobile mechanics are also able to use the system through an iPad should they be working on a vehicle off site.
Under the leadership of managing director James Hill, the business has been driving forward changes over the past six years to improve processes and become a more sustainable and environmentally friendly business.
James Hill, managing director of Arrow Self Drive, commented:
“It’s very important for us to be at the forefront of innovation and continually improve our processes and the new systems being put into place will significantly improve efficiencies across our workshops. This is vital to maintain our position as a market leading vehicle hire firm in Yorkshire. In addition to this, we are committed to be an environmentally responsible business and the new digital systems will mean that there is a significant reduction in the amount of paper being used across our workshops, reducing our environmental footprint.”
Moving forward, Arrow Self Drive also has plans to implement a new digital rental system which will further reduce the businesses use of paper records. The system is currently under development and is expected to be rolled out in the next 18 months.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- CSR and Sales
- Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- How Well Does Your Fleet reflect Your Brand?
- Eaton Smith: Business of the year: Looking Back
- Moving to Uni? How safe is your precious cargo?
- PROMOTING PENSIONERS AT WORK
- Dragon Boat Teams Raise £3k for Childrens Hospice
- An Elf of a Surprise for 8-year old Lola
- Drug Driving and the Threat to your Business
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Breakdown and Recovery
- Start as you mean to go on! Awards shortlist news heralds a New year
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Mobile service units at your convenience