Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
By Amanda | 05-12-2017
Meet Katie Bushell , our newest team member
Arrow Self Drive has announced plans to increase its female workforce by 10% in 2018.
In contrast to the predominately male industry in which it operates, currently 21% of Arrow Self Drive’s personnel is female; several of which hold senior management positions and take a leading role in driving the company forward.
With eight depots across Yorkshire, the business employs a team of 80 local individuals and 50% of the depots themselves are managed and operated by female automotive industry professionals.
Having recruited its first female mechanic, Arrow Self Drive recently welcomed Katie Bushell to its growing team. Katie joins the company at the very end of a three year apprenticeship organised through her local college.
James Hill, Managing Director at Arrow Self Drive commented:
“The motor trade is an industry traditionally dominated by men, but at Arrow Self Drive, one Yorkshire’s leading contract hire companies, women employees are intrinsic to the company and its development.
“With our 30th year in business coming up in 2018; we’re keen to ensure we continue to operate as a fair and ethical company whose values are aligned with that of the Yorkshire region.
“We strive to be leaders within our field and with many females now entering into STEM careers it is important to us to do as much as we can to facilitate the growth and development of young professionals in the automotive industry.”
Commenting on joining the business, apprentice Katie Bushell said:
“I’m thrilled to have been given such a warm welcome by the fantastic team at Arrow Self Drive. I’ve already learn so much and I’m excited to embark upon a long and fruitful career alongside some of the region’s talented professionals working in the automotive industry.
“I know for some people it’s unusual to see a woman working in my role but being a mechanic is all I ever wanted to do and I’m delighted to have been given this opportunity.”
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?