Vehicle support for Barnsley Hospice
By Amanda | 15-03-2018
Luton Van helps Barnsley Hospice
We are proud to announce that we have recently entered into a long-term partnership with Barnsley Hospice. As from December we have agreed to provide the charity with exclusive use of a Luton tail lift van, for use across the hospice’s nine retail sites in the region.
Our contribution will allow the charity to increase the amount of deliveries made each month, as well as provide more capacity for larger items to be sold to raise increased funds.
The retail stores play a vital role in generating income for the charity, which has to raise over £2m a year, in addition to a £1.6m grant from the NHS to continue its vital work.
Barnsley Hospice provides specialist compassionate care to hundreds of local people every year; supporting individuals with active and progressive life-limiting illnesses such as cancer, heart disease or Parkinson’s.
The van, which has been branded with the orange Barnsley Hospice logo, will be used to collect and deliver donations, such as large items of furniture, to and from the retail sites. Unlike a lot of charities, Barnsley Hospice find that there is an abundance of donations always supplied from the local community.
Retail manager of Barnsley Hospice, Stephen Hatfield, said:
“Buying things from our shops, or donating good quality stock, is a great way of supporting the hospice and just as important as fundraising. Up until now we have relied on an older Luton van for collections, but this larger new Luton van gives us greater capacity to move around bulky items, and its tail lift will make it easier for our team to load and unload heavy furniture. In addition to the obvious logistical benefits there are other financial advantages; the burden of maintenance and other associated costs that running a vehicle brings will now be funded via our partnership with Arrow. We are delighted with the vehicle and thank Arrow Self Drive for their support at a crucial time of growth for us.”
Louise Ramsbottom, manager at the Arrow Self Drive Barnsley depot commented:
“We are delighted to be able to support the Hospice in this way. Like most local companies, we have, in the past, helped the Hospice through the odd hire here and there and through our fundraising tea parties. We hope that by extending our support and providing them with a dedicated vehicle long term will make a real difference to them. Supporting our local communities is a key aim of the Company and we will continue to help wherever we can."
Photo James Hill, MD of Arrow Self Drive, hands over the keys to Retail Manager Stephen Hatfield
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Spot the Forget me Not Vans
- National Three Peaks Challenge 10 – 12 June 2017 Danny Jones Defib Fund
- Colour Run 2017
- Tea Party Adds Up
- Martin Dixon Charity Bike Ride
- Colour Run Family Fun!
- Walking with Holly gains momentum
- Vehicle Support given to a local family charity walk
- Thanks from Bradford Bike Charity
- Support Vehicle to Back Charity Bike Ride for Nat West
- Supporting Local Cyclists on their London Challenge
- Horti Cap at Blenheim Palace
- Bike Amnesty at Bradford Depot
- Wakefield Customers Coast to Coast
- Tea Party Raises £692.56
- Yorkshire Tea Party Friday 15th August
- Knaresborough Bed Race Raises £2,000
- Forget Me Not Collection Van
- Huddersfield Tea Party Exceeds Expectations
- Lean On Me Challenge
- Best Ever Tea Parties
- Vehicle support for Barnsley Hospice
- Redwood Events: Fund-Raisers Extraordinaire
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- A R-Oaring Success of a Day!
- An Elfing Hand for Hospices at Christmas