A R-Oaring Success of a Day!
By Amanda | 17-09-2019
Employees and their families enjoy Dragon Boat Racing for Forget Me not Childrens Hospice
On Saturday 14th September two teams from our Wakefield and Huddersfield depots entered into the Dragon Boat Race at Pugneys water park in Wakefield. A total of 12 teams took part, mostly made up from local companies across the area including Hello Yorkshire, Minster Law UK, Ideal Auto Lease and our long standing Customers Crowther and Shaw.
The event was hosted by Forget Me Not Children's Hospice and was the first of its kind for the charity. The racing element was run by professionals Gable Events. Thanks to both for a truly well organised day.
Our teams went all out for the fancy dress theme with our Wakefield Team dressed as cowboys and our Huddersfield clan as American Indians.
Throughout the day the teams raced several times to reach the semi finals in the afternoon. They both gave a stupendous performance, with very close finishes, at times just 0.7 of a second behind the winning teams.
Our rowers were supported by the biggest crowd of supporters at the event, with over 70 staff and their families enjoying the day and cheering Arrow Self Drive on.
Congratulations go to our long time customers and good friends Crowther and Shaw, who scooped the overall winners trophy, and a huge pat on the back for our Huddersfield Indians were awarded the trophy for the Best Fancy Dress. The cowboys came a close second so well done to everyone who made the effort.
We all had a blast of a time and the weather could not have been better. People at work are still buzzing from the day and already looking froward to and planning for next year. We will be back!
Watch out for the announcement of the total funds raised from this charity fundraiser, we should have a total in about three weeks time and you never know, we may be in with a chance of winning the most funds raised award! Many thanks to everyone who has supported us so far. There is still time to give your donations by following one of the links below. You can help us help an amazing cause as well as win another trophy!
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Spot the Forget me Not Vans
- National Three Peaks Challenge 10 – 12 June 2017 Danny Jones Defib Fund
- Colour Run 2017
- Tea Party Adds Up
- Martin Dixon Charity Bike Ride
- Colour Run Family Fun!
- Walking with Holly gains momentum
- Vehicle Support given to a local family charity walk
- Thanks from Bradford Bike Charity
- Support Vehicle to Back Charity Bike Ride for Nat West
- Supporting Local Cyclists on their London Challenge
- Horti Cap at Blenheim Palace
- Bike Amnesty at Bradford Depot
- Wakefield Customers Coast to Coast
- Tea Party Raises £692.56
- Yorkshire Tea Party Friday 15th August
- Knaresborough Bed Race Raises £2,000
- Forget Me Not Collection Van
- Huddersfield Tea Party Exceeds Expectations
- Lean On Me Challenge
- Best Ever Tea Parties
- Vehicle support for Barnsley Hospice
- Redwood Events: Fund-Raisers Extraordinaire
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- A R-Oaring Success of a Day!
- An Elfing Hand for Hospices at Christmas