Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
By Amanda | 21-09-2018
Robert and James Hill buy out Director Chris Taylor
After 30 years in business, we have finally become entirely family owned.
Founded by Robert Hill and Chris Taylor in 1988, Robert and his son, MD James Hill have recently bought Chris Taylor’s stakes in the company, Arrow Self Drive is now 100% owned by the Hill family. Over the last 12 months the family have been working towards taking full control of Arrow Self Drive, which has become a reality through a deal with HSBC.
Commenting on the developments, Robert Hill, co-founder of Arrow Self Drive said:
“Here at Arrow, family is at the heart of everything we do. Having started the company 30 years ago, I’m thrilled to be able to say that after a year long negotiation, the deal is now complete and Arrow is 100% family owned.
“We would like to thank HSBC for their hard work since they came on board, it’s been fantastic to work with a bank so dedicated to helping its customers achieve the best results”
Managing director at Arrow Self Drive, James Hill, added:
“This is huge news for Arrow and we’re delighted with the outcome of the takeover. We’re thoroughly looking forward to our future as a family business.”
In addition to this, the business has recruited a new team member. Rachel Birtles, who is also a member of the Hill family, joins as compliance officer.
As well as overseeing the compliance for the new GDPR guidelines, Rachel will be responsible for ensuring that the company meets required standards in all areas.
Having previously undertaken a similar position for NatWest bank, Rachel will utilise her expertise to ensure Arrow Self Drive continues to remain compliant with current and future regulations.
Commenting on her new role, Rachel said:
“I’m so excited to be working for Arrow Self Drive, I’ve gained a vast amount of compliance experience throughout my career and it’s great to be able to bring my skills and knowledge to the family business.”
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- My Passion by James Hill
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers