Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
By Amanda | 02-01-2019
New year, new skills
Arrow Self Drive are a company committed to high standards of service and our latest training and development courses are giving employees new instruction that will enhance their skills.
The end of year Loler weight lift training is a standard annual refresher course for all the technicians and mechanics who work for Arrow Self Drive. But this year, as well as the refresher courses, four members of our in house workshop team took an introductory course to get them up to skill with the LOLER procedures. During November, our full team of technicians took part in the LOLER training, delivered by training Company T & C Training.
The course was held at the Leeds depot of Arrow Self Drive and entailed three full days of classroom-based training.
In December, the development plan continued as three technicians from Arrow Self Drive’s workshops benefited from additional IVR Recovery training with a view to joining Arrow’s in house breakdown and recovery team. The IVR training, delivered by Judge Power training, featured four days of training, one onHealth and Safety and Customer Service, day two was dealing with emergency situations with the last two days on light recovery training.
In January 2019 twenty of the sales and management team are due to take part in Linked In training, learning how to use the social media platform in support of their sales activity.
Later in the year two of our mechanics will take their Class 2 Driving test to enable them to drive any rigid HGV. Like any driving test this will feature a theory and practical driving test after four days of intensive training.
Area workshop manager Chris Brian commented, “ We run a continual programme training of development, arming our team with new skills. This year we will spend near to £15,000 on training workshop and technical staff alone. It is valuable investment in our people and business.”
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- My Passion by James Hill
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- CSR and Sales
- Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- How Well Does Your Fleet reflect Your Brand?