Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
By Amanda | 30-11-2018
Hospices Christmas tree sales and collections in the community supported by Arrow Vehicles
As we all know too well, a real Christmas tree adds a wonderful touch to our seasonal decoration, the aroma for one is a great addition to the yuletide atmosphere, but afterwards, once the needles have been swept up and the baubles put away for another year, the dried out trees often hang around in the garden until we eventually find a way to get rid of them in early spring.
Two local hospices have tuned into the Christmas tree dilemma and are offering the public a service to collect and dispose of old trees in order to raise money for their individual charities and Arrow Self Drive are providing the vehicles to enable both of them to do so.
In Wakefield, the Hospice are offering a tree collection as well as selling trees in the run up to Christmas. Trees, wreaths, bulbs and stands go on sale on Saturday 8th, Sunday 9thand Saturday 15thDecember and are available from the car park at the Hospice. In the New Year the hospice will be collecting unwanted trees between Sunday 6th January 2019 and Saturday 12th January 2019 with a minimum donation of £10. (Please note that this service will be operating within the following postcodes WF1 – WF6, LS26, LS27 and S75) All proceeds from the sales and collections go to support the incredible work that Wakefield Hospice does for the community. The old trees will be recycled and reused in the hospice garden; they will be chipped, breaking down and enriching the soil around them.Arrow Self Drive has donated a total of 3 vehicles to the hospice to help them in their fundraising campaign.
Events Fundraiser Jamie Strachan from Wakefield Hospice commented, “Our Christmas tree collection scheme has been a tree-mendous success over the last couple of years, and we want to grow the campaign each year, but we can’t do this alone. We have lots of local businesses supporting us with staff and vehicle time, and Arrow Self Drive’s support is the icing on the cake. Arrow’s support saves us a significant sum for the campaign, meaning more of the profit made goes into funding patient care. That really is a Happy New Year!”
In Huddersfield, Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice is offering a similar service and Arrow Self Drive is also providing three different sized vehicles free of charge in order for the Hospice to facilitate this service to the community.
In the run up to Christmas they are selling trees from the Manchester Road shop in Huddersfield and the Royton shop starting on Saturday 1stDecember.
Forget Me Not Christmas tree collections will take place between Saturday 5thand Tuesday 8thJanuary for postcodes in Huddersfield and Bury. Again, for a minimum donation of £10 they will collect your tree from outside your home. Forge Me Not will be recycling all the tress collected and using them to fill in the boundary fence at the Huddersfield Hospice. Please see the Forget me Not website to see if your postcode is on the list for the collection areas. And if you are having a clear out, they will also collect your unwanted furniture upon request.
For more information:
Wakefield Hospice Tree collections call 01924 331406 go to www.bit.ly/hospicetrees
Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice Tree collections call 01484 411040 or you book your collection online at www.fhttps://www.forgetmenotchild.co.uk/christmas-tree-collections.
For any questions about this service you can email them at [email protected]
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!