Driving License Changes: Customer Notice
By Amanda | 02-06-2015
From 8th June 2015 the paper counterpart of the driving license will no longer be valid, you should not rely on it and no new ones will be issued by DVLA.
The paper counterpart to the driving licence is coming to an end. From 8th June 2015 it will no longer be valid, you should not rely on it and no new ones will be issued by DVLA. If you already hold a paper counterpart, it will no longer have any legal status. Paper driving licences issued before the photo card was introduced in 1998 will remain valid. If you need to update your name, address or renew your licence, you will be issued with a photo card only.
The photo card licence continues unchanged. Individuals with existing paper licences (i.e. never converted to photo-card) are not affected. The counterpart was introduced to display driving licence details that could not be included on the photo card. These details include some vehicle categories you are entitled to drive and any endorsement/penalty points. (Please note, this does not affect photo card licences issued by DVA in Northern Ireland.)
New penalty points (endorsements) will only be recorded electronically, and will not be printed or written on either photo card licences or paper driving licences. From this date, if you commit an offence you will still have to pay any applicable fine and submit your licence to the court but the way the court deals with the paperwork will change. For photo card licences, the court will retain the paper counterpart and only return the photo card to you. For paper licences, the court will return it to you but they won’t have written or printed the offence details on it.
When hiring a vehicle. When hiring a vehicle from Arrow Self Drive you will need to provide a unique code which allows you to share your driving licence details with us. To obtain your unique code you will need to go to the Gov.uk website and provide:
- Your Driving Licence Number
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your Post Code
NB: The unique code given to you lasts for up to 72 hours and will allow hire companies such as ourselves to make any necessary checks.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- New Cage Tippers now on Fleet
- New Vans on Fleet for Long Term Customers
- Kingston Radio: Challenge Cup Weekend
- Our In House Recovery Fleet
- DVLA Code Checking Service
- Service Key to Silcoates Success
- New Ford Transit Minibus: Moving passengers quickly, safely and in comfort
- Driving License Changes: Customer Notice
- Improved Recovery and Service Fleet
- Merry Lifterz
- ISO Certification Obtained
- New Arrival: Luton Low Loader
- More New Vans for Hire in Stock
- New branch opens in Sheffield
- 64 Plate Vehicles now in stock
- Welcome to Yorkshire Contracts Arrow Self Drive for Grand Depart Tour
- New DAF LF45 Dropsides Join Our Fleet this Month
- London LEZ Compliant 18T Daf Trucks Ready to Hire
- Arrow Expansion with Purchase of Sheaf Rental
- Hull Kingston Rovers Team Up With Arrow Self Drive
- Kwik Tuff in Partnership with Arrow
- Low Emission VW Crafters Added to Fleet
- Taking a Group Away to an Away Game?