Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
By Amanda | 15-01-2018
TfL has introduced new, steeper, fines for non-payment of congestion charges in an attempt to improve compliance.
Transport for London (TfL) has introduced an increased Congestion Charge Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) as of the 2nd January 2018. In addition to this, a proposed rise for offences on TfL's road network may follow later in the year, subject to a review by the Secretary of State.
Whilst somewhat controversial, the Congestion Charge has certainly played a key role in reducing the volume of vehicles entering central London. The charge can be paid online or via other methods within a certain timeframe around a vehicle entering the charging zones, however fines for not paying this charge encourage (also punish) drivers to be compliant.
Data shows that since 2012 there has been an increase of 12% in the number of motorists failing to comply and being issued with Congestion Charge PCNs.
TfL have communicated that an increase from £65 to £80 for this fine will reduce this percentage. So the message? Make sure you may the congestion charge when you visit Lonbdon and avoid being seriously out of pocket!
Read the TfL press release here.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- CSR and Sales
- Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- How Well Does Your Fleet reflect Your Brand?
- Eaton Smith: Business of the year: Looking Back
- Moving to Uni? How safe is your precious cargo?
- PROMOTING PENSIONERS AT WORK
- Dragon Boat Teams Raise £3k for Childrens Hospice
- An Elf of a Surprise for 8-year old Lola
- Drug Driving and the Threat to your Business
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Breakdown and Recovery
- Start as you mean to go on! Awards shortlist news heralds a New year
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Mobile service units at your convenience
- Tyler Scoops Top Apprentice Award at Kirklees College
- Sheffield New Site Move
- Theft of Catalytic Converters on the Increase
- COVID-19 Internal procedures to help keep us all safe
- COVID-19: Update on our status
- Barnsley Depot Update
- Bradford Depot Update
- Hull Depot Update
- Knaresborough Depot Update
- Covid 19 Update - Face Coverings
- We Are Open - Government Announcement 31st October
- Christmas Opening Times