Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
By Amanda | 15-01-2018
TfL has introduced new, steeper, fines for non-payment of congestion charges in an attempt to improve compliance.
Transport for London (TfL) has introduced an increased Congestion Charge Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) as of the 2nd January 2018. In addition to this, a proposed rise for offences on TfL's road network may follow later in the year, subject to a review by the Secretary of State.
Whilst somewhat controversial, the Congestion Charge has certainly played a key role in reducing the volume of vehicles entering central London. The charge can be paid online or via other methods within a certain timeframe around a vehicle entering the charging zones, however fines for not paying this charge encourage (also punish) drivers to be compliant.
Data shows that since 2012 there has been an increase of 12% in the number of motorists failing to comply and being issued with Congestion Charge PCNs.
TfL have communicated that an increase from £65 to £80 for this fine will reduce this percentage. So the message? Make sure you may the congestion charge when you visit Lonbdon and avoid being seriously out of pocket!
Read the TfL press release here.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?