Knaresborough Bed Race Raises £2,000
By Amanda | 17-11-2014
Arrow Self Drive raises £2,000 for Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice.
Arrow Self Drive raises £2,000 for Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice. Arrow Self Drive continued their fundraising efforts this month for the Huddersfield Children’s Hospice.
Forget me not Children’s Hospice is a charity that supports children with life limiting conditions in the West Yorkshire area. They offer families a lifeline through support in their own homes as well as a host of services at Russell House their brand new purpose built hospice.
The charity needs to raise £3.2 million each year to support the care that they give. Arrow Self Drive have chosen to contribute the funds raised across all eight branches in Yorkshire to help them towards their annual target.
Last year Arrow Self Drive supplied the charity with branded vans to tour the region picking up goods for their retail shops.
This year Arrow Self Drive took part in the 49th Knaresborough Bed Race for the first time and asked supporters to donate to the Forget Me Not via a Just Giving page or directly to one of their eight branches.
A total of 88 teams and around 630 competitors dressed as children’s TV and film characters took part.
Scooby Doo and the Mystery Team, Wacky Races, the Flintstones, many minions from Despicable Me, and hundreds of other familiar faces from the screen were seen throughout Knaresborough.
A total of 75 Arrow staff, family and friends turned out to support the race and carry the collection buckets. Our ‘A Team’ themed bed and five man team encountered a few problems with their bed design, but, true to form, our ‘A’ team persevered and after a grueling 25 minute race, finished 88thout of the 88 teams to finish the course.
Around 25,000 attended the event, and apart from the technical problems, it was a huge success. We raised 6 buckets of cash for the Knaresborough Lions charity during the bed race and a further £2,000 for Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice.
Kate Goldring, Corporate Partnership Manager at Forget Me Not said,“We are thrilled to have the support of Arrow Self Drive who took on this fantastic challenge. Our supporters never fail to surprise us with the ways in which they fundraise for our very special cause and Arrow Self Drive were no exception. With over £3m to raise each year the support of the business community is vital and Arrow Self Drive are a great example of how our partners go the extra mile!”
Many thanks to everyone who took part and the family and friends who supported us on the day. Next year we promise to do better!
We would like to thank the following for their support and kind donations;
Hills Office Supplies
Advance Commercial Bodies ltd
Crowther and Shaw
United Rental Group
The Darfield Hotel
Challenger Handling Ltd
Achieve Potentials Ltd
The Richard Alan Group
Cambridge Glass House Limited
Vision Contract Cleaning
VW Van Centre Huddersfeld
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Spot the Forget me Not Vans
- National Three Peaks Challenge 10 – 12 June 2017 Danny Jones Defib Fund
- Colour Run 2017
- Tea Party Adds Up
- Martin Dixon Charity Bike Ride
- Colour Run Family Fun!
- Walking with Holly gains momentum
- Vehicle Support given to a local family charity walk
- Thanks from Bradford Bike Charity
- Support Vehicle to Back Charity Bike Ride for Nat West
- Supporting Local Cyclists on their London Challenge
- Horti Cap at Blenheim Palace
- Bike Amnesty at Bradford Depot
- Wakefield Customers Coast to Coast
- Tea Party Raises £692.56
- Yorkshire Tea Party Friday 15th August
- Knaresborough Bed Race Raises £2,000
- Forget Me Not Collection Van
- Huddersfield Tea Party Exceeds Expectations
- Lean On Me Challenge
- Best Ever Tea Parties
- Vehicle support for Barnsley Hospice
- Redwood Events: Fund-Raisers Extraordinaire
- Arrow Supports Christmas Charit-trees
- A R-Oaring Success of a Day!
- An Elfing Hand for Hospices at Christmas