Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
By Amanda | 05-03-2019
In March we move to the new paperless rental system
It has been almost two years in the making and has taken an investment of over £100k, but finally the new digitised rental system is in its final stages and will be rolled out to all of our depots this month.
The new bespoke paperless process has been designed and developed in partnership with The ICT Practice based in Birmingham.
We have already had a paperless workflow in operation in our workshops for almost a year, now we are ready to implement a newly written system for our rentals teams.
The ROI to be gained for any business going paperless cannot be just counted in terms of money, although it is estimated that our new handheld tablet system will save thousands of pounds in printing costs each year.
Calculating the exact amount of paper we will save so early on in the process is trickier, but we estimate that switching to the two new system will reduce our paper usage by at least 70% a year. The impact this has on our environment is admittedly low, we are only a relatively small user, but we like to think that we are contributing to saving the forests one tree at a time and we feel proud to be doing our bit, however small.
Going forward, our customers can benefit from greater accuracy and accountability as well as more streamlined process that is integrated into our vehicle booking platform. The other business benefits to both ourselves and our customers include:
- Maximised processing capacity
- Increased productivity
- Creates immediate access to decision-critical data
- Saves money per annum on paper and printing costs
- Improves communications
- Creates better accountability
- Time saving (filing, organising, and searching for paper documents )
- Space saving (hard copies no longer stored)
- Improves security – GDPR
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- CSR and Sales
- Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- How Well Does Your Fleet reflect Your Brand?
- Eaton Smith: Business of the year: Looking Back
- Moving to Uni? How safe is your precious cargo?
- PROMOTING PENSIONERS AT WORK