Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
By Amanda | 25-06-2018
Leeds Beckett in fundraising drive
Last summer a group of Leeds Beckett staff and ex-staff cycled the Way of the Roses 170 mile+ ride from Morecambe to Bridlington over three days.The ride was a fundraising and memorial ride for Chris Kirkpatrick a former member of Leeds Beckett staff who is sadly no longer with us.
The team raised a total including gift aid of £1,566.38 for two charities: Leeds Mind - a charity working to help people who are experiencing poor mental health and Cloth Cat - a charity based in inner-city Leeds that uses music training to help local people improve the quality of their lives.
Following the success of the ride the Leeds Beckett staff started planning for a second and opted to take on the Coast and Castles Cycle Ride which is a 200 mile route between Newcastle and Edinburgh.
The ride started in Newcastle on Friday 15th June 2018 and finisedh in Edinburgh on Sunday 17th June 2018, celebrating Chris's life and his love for cycling as well as raising money as possible for two charities, MNDA Motor Neurone Disease Association (West Yorkshire branch) and Guide Dogs Leeds Mobility Team (puppy training) who are based in Headingley.
Arrow Self Drive supported Leeds Beckett with their minibus transportation to help the team achieve their goal.
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned