Tyler Scoops Top Apprentice Award at Kirklees College
By Amanda | 31-01-2020
Apprentice Tyler Roberts last night picked up his award for Best Apprentice in the Motor Vehcicle category and then won overall Best Apprentice of the Year
20-year-old Tyler Roberts from Batley has been awarded the Best Apprentice in the Motor Vehicle category of Kirklees College Outstanding Learner Success (COLS) Awards but even better, at the awards ceremony in Huddersfield last night he scooped The Overall College Apprentice of the Year award, making him the ‘best of the best’.
Tyler, who studied for two years before starting his placement in our Wakefield depot, has shown himself to be an exemplary student and employee over the last 11 months. He continues to attend the college one day a week whilst learning to hone his skills at Arrow until he completes his NVQ Level Three in Light Motor Vehicle this summer.
Kirklees College train approximately 2,000 apprentices over 30 occupational areas who are employed at over 1000 companies in West Yorkshire. The awards recognise excellence in classroom and workplace learning in a number of these industries.
Arrow Self Drive has been in partnership with the college for 25 years and has taken dozens of apprentice technicians in that time. Both of our Area Workshop Managers started as apprentices and have been with the company for over 20 years and 25 years respectively. At least another ten employees who currently work for the Company came via the apprenticeship route.
The college came along to our Wakefield depot in January to film Tyler and his manager Chris Brian in preparation for the awards ceremony on 30th January. At the awards ceremony in Huddersfield on Thursday the 30th January, Tyler was presented with both awards by Sean Jarvis, Commercial Manager at Huddersfield Town Football Blub.
Area Workshop Manager for Arrow Self Drive, Chris Brian said.
“I am super proud of Tyler, he really is the best of the best; in all the years I have had apprentices he is up there. Tyler fit into our team from day one. He is clean, polite and helpful; whatever I ask of him he does without question or drama - he just gets on with the job and he is learning fast. I started as an apprentice here so I fully understand the challenges of starting as the new boy on the block. Tyler has proved himself already with his attitude to learning and his work ethic. On top of all that he is a really likeable character who will go far. I just wish I had ten more like him.”
If you've enjoyed this article please help us share it with the rest of the world - Thank you
- Our First Business Award
- Win a VIP Family Day out to Lightwater Valley
- New Manager for Leeds Depot
- New Opening Times
- Special Deals throughout Summer
- New Curtain Side Luton Vehicles On Fleet this week
- We Launch our New Company Film
- ISO 9001:2015 The Revised Quality Management Systems Standard
- Change in Car Tax is imminent
- Helping Harrogate Bloom
- Mowbray School Outing
- Winner of the VIP Family Day to Lightwater Valley
- Eclipse Energy Efficiency
- Brian walks the length of the country in record time
- 64 Year Old Brian’s EpicWalk
- Proud Sponsors of the Huddersfield Giant
- Bus Gates now operating in Huddersfield
- Arrow Talks to Students at School Careers Fair
- Huddersfield Giants Kit Promotional Video
- Try one of our NEW Petrol Hybrids
- Dealing with Road Rage
- White Rose Awards
- Testing Your Eyes Can Save Your Life
- Driving in Fog
- Driver Fatigue: The Facts
- Harriers Play Host
- Flat Cap Friday Success
- Tax Discs to be Phased Out
- Sheffield Branch Opening Soon
- Aquaforce Charity Football Match
- Winner of the Yorkshire Show Business Card Draw
- New Custom Made Recovery Trucks
- Hull Depot wins Best Vehicle Hire 2017
- Examiner Business Awards 2017
- Saint Michael's Hospice Thanks Knaresborough
- Welcome to our first ever female mechanic
- 1988 - 2018
- Increase in Congestion Charge PCN
- What Brexit Could Mean for Fleet Managers
- Meet our MD James Hill
- What can we expect from electric vehicles in the future?
- Celebrating our Women
- Winners of the Family Business of the Year for the Yorkshire and Humber at the FSB Awards 2018
- A Paperless Future
- The rise of the new van owner
- The New Diesel Tax Changes Explained
- #SuperEorl Competition: Which Cartoon Character or Super Hero does Big Eorl most resemble and why?
- Drivers' worst habits according to van owners
- Family Ties Traced to 1938 between Arrow Self Drive and Crowther & Shaw
- Support for Leeds Beckett Charity Ride
- What is AdBlue?
- Business Of the Year
- The Great Yorkshire Show Birthday Celebrations
- Shortlisted for the Great British Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Wakefield Depot raise funds for Wakefield Hospice
- Arrow Self Drive Becomes 100% Family owned
- A Visit to Sheffield Children's Hospital
- My Passion: By our MD James Hill
- At Your Service!
- Arrow Self Drive Continual Training & Staff Development
- The New London Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ): 2 months to go
- Leeds Clean Air Zone: 11 months to go
- AdBlue: A guide for fleet managers
- Competition winners enjoy Day as A Super League player with the Giants
- CSR and Sales
- Our New Paperless Rental System: Saving one Tree at a Time
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint
- How Well Does Your Fleet reflect Your Brand?
- Eaton Smith: Business of the year: Looking Back
- Moving to Uni? How safe is your precious cargo?
- PROMOTING PENSIONERS AT WORK
- Dragon Boat Teams Raise £3k for Childrens Hospice
- An Elf of a Surprise for 8-year old Lola
- Drug Driving and the Threat to your Business
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Breakdown and Recovery
- Start as you mean to go on! Awards shortlist news heralds a New year
- Keeping you on the road 24/7: Mobile service units at your convenience
- Tyler Scoops Top Apprentice Award at Kirklees College
- Sheffield New Site Move