We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. This policy sets out how we will use the personal information that we obtain, generate and process.
All credit card details are entered on a secured page and they are encrypted with SSL
Information Collect & How It Is Used
The personal information we collect and hold about you includes:
• name, address and other contact details;
• the information included in any documents you send to us (such as identification documents), or any online services to which you subscribe;
• your occupation or the nature of your business (if applicable);
• details about the vehicle to be hired;
• information obtained by credit reference agencies;
• details about your marketing preferences;
• payment/ financial information; and
• any other personal information about you we collect, use or process in the course of our business.
We may use any personal information provided by you in connection with the relevant vehicle hire via the Site or otherwise as a result of our dealings with you including for the purposes of:
• fulfilling our contractual obligations to you and providing you with the services you require;
• to customise the Site according to your interests;
• to process any request for advice or information;
• managing our business;
• assessing and evaluating the quality of the vehicle hire, complying with legal and regulatory obligations and best practice standards (including carrying out credit reference checks and taking steps to comply with our obligations under anti money laundering regulations); and
• fulfilling the requirements of our insurance policies (including the requirements of our insurance providers).
We will take a copy of your driving licence if you are the person hiring a vehicle from us (either in your own right or on behalf of an organisation) when the vehicle hire commences. We will also need a copy of the driving licence of all other named drivers. We retain a copy of the driving licence for the purposes set out above.
We and other companies within our group may also use your personal information to contact you by e-mail, telephone, post, SMS and other electronic means (including social media), with information about services (including improvements we have made to our services), industry news, industry relevant legislation changes, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal information in order to establish the services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of interest to you. We will do this marketing in accordance with any preferences you have indicated to us.
Information Shared With Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:-
• law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and other third parties (including but not limited to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency);
• other third parties who process information on our behalf (which includes third parties we use to assist us with our marketing activities);
• our insurers;
• professional advisors and debt collection agencies to assist with the recovery of amounts owed to us by you or the organisation you represent under any agreement between you and us;
• credit reference agencies;
• to any third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including but not limited to in connection with a court order).
Vehicle Tracking Data
We may install devices in your vehicles which track the whereabouts of the vehicle and provide other information about the vehicle (including for example the way it is driven).
We use the devices to track the location and mileage of the vehicles. We use this data to help us improve our business and where applicable to help us manage our customer's vehicle fleets. For example, we use:
• location information to enable us to identify availability of vehicles across our depots;
• mileage information to ascertain when routine maintenance is required on vehicles.
We may disclose tracking information collected by these devices to our group companies, the relevant hire or fleet management customer and to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and other third parties.
Our fleet management customers and hire customers may have direct access to any tracking information from devices in vehicles leased to those customers and use it for their own purposes which may include identifying training requirements for drivers and improving the efficiency of their fleet of vehicles. Please ask the relevant customer directly for further information about the purposes for which they use the information.