Terms & Conditions
In this agreement the following terms shall have the meanings and hereby assigned to them:-
- Lessor: Arrow Self Drive
- Hirer: The person as such overleaf.
- Driver: The Hirer and/or other person named as such overleaf or any other person previously approved by the Lessor to drive the vehicle.
- Accessories: The spare wheel, tools, roof rack and other items with which the vehicle is supplied and any replacement thereof.
- Rental Period: The period from the date and time out stated overleaf until the delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the Lessor.
- Rental Charges: The hire charges for the rental period calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff.
- Excess Amount: The sum specified overleaf as the excess amount.
- Collision Damage Waiver: A fee calculated in accordance with the Lessor’s current tariff which relieves the Hirer of all liability to pay the excess amount.
- Personal Accident (PA), Personal Effects (PE), Goods in Transit (GIT)
- CDTW Fees: Fees which entitle the Hirer to the benefits of the cover set out in the master policies issued to the Lessor.
- The Insurance Policy: The Lessor’s Policy of insurance on the vehicle, a copy of which is available for inspection at the main office of the Lessor.
- Should the person signing the Agreement not be the Hirer, he or she warrants that they are authorised to sign for the Hirer and by doing so is jointly and severally liable with the Hirer under this agreement.
- The Hirer, his servant, driver or agent, will not pose as a servant or agent of the Lessor.
- The Hirer or driver should be aware of the age stipulations under which this agreement is made.
- The period of rental covered by this contract should not exceed three months (90 days)
- The lessor is not liable in any circumstances for loss or damage to property carried on or in the vehicle, or for any property left in the vehicle on return. The Hirer will indemnify the Lessor against such claims.
- Without written consent from the Lessor, the Hirer may not remove the vehicle from the British mainland or any British Isle from which the hire began, and may not take the vehicle from Ulster to Southern Island.
- Without written consent the Lessor’s vehicle may not be used to propel or tow any other vehicles or trailer.
- The Hirer will not use the vehicle in a manner that would render void the insurance policy under which the vehicle is operating or in contravention of any Road Traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations, or by any person who is not of stipulated age and licenced to drive, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure or damage where further damage may thereby be caused.
- It is a breach of the Agreement for the Hirer to fail to return the vehicle to the lessor at the end of the rental period, and the damages payable for such breach will be the rental charges that would be payable on the Lessor’s current tariff for the period until the Lessor recovers the vehicle or receives the full value thereof.
- The Hirer is not authorised to effect any necessary repairs to the vehicle above the value of £25.00 without the Lessor’s prior consent. Save to the extent that there may be an Excess on the Lessor’s insurance that the Hirer is obliged to pay. The Lessor will refund to the Hirer the cost of necessary repairs not exceeding £25.00 (or more if the lessor’s consent is gained) on production of a bona fide V.A.T receipt and replaced parts.
- If the Hirer commits any breach of the Agreement the Lessor may treat the Agreement as terminated and take possession of the vehicle.
- The Lessor offers no refunds in any circumstances and the Hirer accepts this at the time of booking.
- Please note all accounts beyond our credit terms will be passed on to our debt collection agency, Sinclair Goldberg Price Ltd. All accounts, without exception, will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus V.A.T to cover our costs of recovery. These accounts will also be subject to any legal costs incurred in obtaining settlement.
The Hirer Warrants
- To operate the vehicle such that the correct levels are maintained for engine oil, battery fluid, coolant, screen wash and automatic transmission fluid (where applicable) and check tyre inflation pressure throughout the period of hire.
- To ensure that the vehicle is secure when unattended, taking all reasonable precautions to prevent loss or damage to the vehicle, its tyres, tools, accessories, equipment or contents.
- In the event of any damage, loss or fault development to inform the Lessor immediately and to permit the Lessor to carry out essential repairs, servicing or maintenance.
- In the event of any accident to protect the interest of the Lessor’s Insurance Company during the period of hire by;
- Not admitting liability or guilt
- Making every endeavour to obtain names and addresses of parties involved and of independent witnesses
- Notifying the police immediately if another party’s guilt has been ascertained or if people or animals are injured
- Not abandoning the vehicle without adequate provisions for safeguarding and securing the same
- Calling the Lessor in case of damage further providing a detailed report and diagram to the Lessor
- To return the vehicle together with it’s accessories, tyres, tools and equipment to the Lessor at the place of origin of the hire (unless otherwise agreed overleaf) at or before the end of the rental period or in the earlier termination of the Agreement in the condition prevailing at the commencement of the rental (fair wear and tear excepted), clean and tidy (traffic grime accepted)
- Even though it may be the Lessor’s insurance, the Hirer shall be liable to pay for the cost of repair or replacement for any damage suffered by the vehicle as a result of wilful action of the Hirer, their servant or agent.
- To pay on the Lessor’s current tariff for rental and fuel, to pay for any accessories, tyres, tools or equipment lost, stolen or damaged. To pay the Lessor’s costs of recovering the vehicle in the event that the Hirer fails to return it to the Lessor. To pay any penalties, fines or court costs incurred in the use of the vehicle before it is returned to the Lessor and which the Lessor is obliged to pay (save when caused by the fault of the Lessor) and to pay V.A.T where appropriate at the current rate.
- The Hirer furthermore agrees to pay all outstanding rental amounts due. If the Hirer pays by credit card, it is agreed that any additional amounts can be deducted in the event of damage to the Lessor’s vehicle or property.
The Hirer shall be liable as owner of the vehicle in respect of:-
- Any fixed penalty committed in respect of that vehicle under Part 111 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 as amended by the Parking Act 1989 and any subsequent legislation or orders and any such offence committed under the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland and
- Any excess charge which may be incurred in respect of the vehicle in pursuance of an order under sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 and any subsequent legislation or orders and any such offence committed under the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland and
- As a result of the vehicle having being parked or left upon land which is not a public road, any charge or financial penalty which might be demanded by any corporation, authority or person and
- Any provisions that may be replaced or amended in respect of the above Acts, Regulations or penalties, including the equivalent legislation applicable to Scotland.
The Lessor Warrants
- To provide the Hirer with a vehicle where all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure it’s road worthiness and ensure it is well maintained
- When informed of a breakdown by the Hirer to see that the necessary repairs are carried out promptly
- If prompt repair is not possible, to provide a substitute vehicle or allow the Hirer to terminate the hire
- The Lessor shall not be liable to the Hirer or any driver or any third party for any loss howsoever caused
Using the Lessor’s Collision Damage Theft Waiver (CDTW)
- This agreement is subject to and deemed to include the terms, conditions and limitations of the Lessor’s CDTW policy
- Under this Agreement the vehicle hired may only be driven by the person signing the Agreement and those additional authorised drivers who have completed a CDTW Proposal Form accepted by the Lessor.
- The Hirer agrees to pay CDTW charges on the Lessor’s current tariff and (except when the Hirer has agreed to pay the Collision Damage Waiver charge) the cost of any collision damage repair up to the amount of the excess
- In the event that the vehicle suffers any damage as a result of the wilful action of the Hirer or any servant or agent of the Hirer, even though it may be covered by the Lessor’s CDTW, the Hirer shall still be liable to pay the cost of repair.
Using Hirer’s Own Insurance
- The Hirer undertakes to insure the vehicle, equipment and accessories in its full value against loss or damage (including windscreen damage) by accident, fire or theft under a comprehensive policy by an insurer approved by the lessor. At the Lessor’s request the Hirer must provide full details of the policy before hire commences and shall instruct his insurers that the Lessor’s name be endorsed on the policy
- The Hirer shall not use or permit the vehicle to be used in contravention of the terms and Conditions of the Hirer’s policy
- The Hirer shall provide that any compensation due with regard to the Hirer’s policy is paid directly to the Lessor. The Hirer will also be liable to compensate the Lessor for ALL loss or damage incurred by the Lessor in addition to the monies (if any) paid to the Lessor by the Hirer’s insurers
Agreement Time Limitation
The total rental period for this Agreement to operate may not exceed 90 days
This Agreement will also end if the Lessor is in breach of the terms under which the Lessor has (if it has) taken the vehicle on hire, hire purchase or similar agreement terms from any third party, and such breach has given rise to the hiring of the vehicle being terminated under the terms of that other agreement. In such circumstances, the owner of the vehicle shall notify the Hirer of such termination and the Hirer shall return the vehicle to the Lessor immediately (or as the owner directs)