GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDRP)
This policy was last updated on the 06/07/2023
As a valued customer of Arrow Self Drive, we are committed to maintain the highest standards when it comes to your privacy.
With effect from 25 May 2018 – General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) came into play and will affect all businesses with offices, employees, customers and/or suppliers in the EU.
What this Notice covers
Arrow Self Drive is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation.
Identity of the data controller
Arrow Self Drive is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Rachel Birltes, Compliance Manger is responsible for all data and any queries or concerns should be directed to her either by telephone; (01484) 654321, email; [email protected] in writing; Arrow Self Drive Grove Garage, Guy Edge, Linthwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD7 5TQ or of course in person at address.
This notice does not form part of any contract for the services we have provided.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What information we collect
We obtain information about you when you contact us in branch or over the phone and when you use our website. We also receive information from our cookies on our website. We need this information in order to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our branch services.
Type/classes of information processed
- Personal details your name, contact information, date of birth, driving licence number and expiration date.
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and your preferences.
- Your credit card details
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences.
- Photographs you submit of you and your driving licence.
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices.
- Employment details
- Goods and services
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company VAT Number
- Company Buyer / Sales / Accounts / Directors Names
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Email Addresses
We feel that it is very important to stress that we do not pass on or sell any data to any third parties.
Security of your data
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Customer confidential: We limit access to confidential information, to the persons who job requires it. Hard copies of documents are sorted in locked cabinets in locked rooms. Arrow Self Drive work to a strict clear desk policy, employees log out and lock their work stations when they are not in use. This applies to all devices.
We have an Information Security Policy in place.
We have a paperless system throughout all 6 depots.
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Rental agreements have to be kept for 7 years for account and auditing purposes. Physical copies of your rental agreement and identification will be securely shredded after 7 years, in line with the legal requirement. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have given Arrow Self Drive permission to contact you in this way.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide a vehicle rental service which may include, promoting and advertising our products and services, maintaining our accounts and records, supporting and managing our employees and the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime.
If you visit any Arrow Self Drive Depot we use CCTV to monitor all of our premises, therefor your image and potentially you vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 16 days depending on the system used at the branch.
How we use information about you
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
- To assist the transaction that you request, such as reserving, renting or leasing vehicles.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your enquiry.
Where necessary for us to comply with legal obligation, including:
- To share information about your vehicles location with emergency services in the event that you are involved in a road accident
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation or request.
- When Arrow Self Drive receives notification form the Police, local authority or private parking company that a penalty, parking charge notice or any other offence has been committed whilst the vehicle was on hire/lease to you we will, where possible provide your details to the authority/company issuing the penalty, notice or offence.
- When the police are investigating serious or fatal road accidents there is no need to ensure consent has been received to release personal data.
You have the right to:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access to that information (by contacting Rachel Birtles, Compliance Manager)
- The right to rectification should there be any errors
- The right to the erasure of the data
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
(We do not undertake any automated decision-making)
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
The vehicle you are renting may be equipped with a vehicle tracking device. If the vehicle is not returned to the agreed time and place we will use the data recorded on the device to recover our vehicle. All the data will be deleted once the rental agreement is ended.
Responsibility for protecting data held in the digital tachograph is the sole responsibility of the renter and Arrow Self Drive cannot be liable in any manner whatsoever, if the renter has not taken the necessary steps to protect the data by locking it in.
Arrow Self Drive cannot be held liable for any faults to tachographs, tracking or telematics devices which result in loss of personal data or use of such data.
Arrow Self Drive advises the following when renting vehicles with connected services:
- Arrow Self Drive advise the customer that if it is a connected vehicle, and if the customer connect their phone this could result in a transfer of personal data to the vehicle and possible motor
manufacturers cloud servers.
- Arrow Self Drive advise the customer it is their responsibility to erase any information that is stored in the vehicle before returning it and Arrow can assist with this if required.
- Any data stored on a tachograph, tracking or telematics device should be removed prior to the end of the lease. If the data is left on the device Arrow Self Drive cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss of or use of the data.
Google Analytics and Tracking Data
We use Google analytics to understand website visitor activity so your visit will be tracked anonymously.
We may also use Google’s Ad network including for remarketing purposes which means visitors will be tracked via cookies stored on their machine. This is a common practice and cookies will not have any effect on your operating system, they merely enable the personalisation of either future visits or advertising for a brief time period following your visit to our website.
When you visit other websites you may see Arrow Self Drive display adverts, this is a result of this third party tracking information. Again, you remain completely anonymous to us, Google simply identify cookies to then advertise accordingly to that individual.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). You can also clear your cookies regularly within your own browser settings if preferred.
We are also encouraged by Google to point users to Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web. This enables users to opt-out of all tracking cookies.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Arrow Self Drive reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information. We encourage you to periodically review this site for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We fully appreciate that all companies are dealing with GDPR at the moment so we will assume that you are content for us to retain and to continue using the information (data).
We use the above information to allow us to do business with yourself/your company on a daily basis. We may occasionally send you correspondence in relation to new products and services we offer.